Acorn warranty covers all and any defective parts due to faulty manufacture for a period of 12 months from the date of receipt of the goods. The warranty covers a defective stairlift motor and gearbox due to faulty manufacture during the period of original ownership.
The warranty does not cover:
1) Damage to parts caused by misuse, improper installation, or neglect of the equipment.
2) Consumable items, namely the stairlift batteries and remote control batteries.
3) Reasonable wear and tear during the life of the unit.
4) Damage caused during shipment (unless the damage is reported to Acorn Stairlifts, Inc., by telephone with 24 hours of receipt of the goods). Labor charges for installation, out of warranty return repair, parts for out of warranty return repair, shipping for return repair.
5) Unauthorized or non-factory modifications to the stairlift.
Warranty notes: The warranty is null and void unless the warranty form is fully completed and submitted successfully to Acorn Stairlifts, Inc., within 30 days of the receipt of the goods. In no event will the warranty liability exceed the price paid for the product, from direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages resulting from the use of the product or any accompanying documentation.
Acorn Stairlifts Inc. does not offer refunds for any product. Acorn Stairlifts Inc. reserves the right to repair or replace equipment at its discretion. UPS ground shipping charges will be paid by Acorn Stairlifts Inc for warranty parts for the first 30 days following the installation date. After 30 days, the shipping charges are the sole responsibility of the purchaser. Shipping charges for non-warranty parts and/or unit repair/replacement are the sole responsibility of the purchaser. Any requests other than UPS ground shipping will be paid for by the purchaser. Please retain all packaging material, for use in the event that the equipment needs to be returned to us.